Making Loops in SE Minnesota
WELCOME to RARH
Rochester Area Rug Hookers, centrally located in Rochester Minnesota,in South East MN and Western WI .
- Develop interest in rug hooking
- Provide means for the exchange of ideas and information among members
- Promote educational activities for members. We are a small, all-volunteer organization that seeks to provide opportunities for rug hookers to gather, learn, and be inspired in the craft of rug hooking. We welcome visitors, inquiries, and new members. Check out the EVENTS tab above for some hooking opportunities in the Rochester area.
We are Chapter 122 of the Association of Traditional Hooking Artists, ATHA. To become a RARH member, membership to the Association of Traditional Hooking Artists (ATHA) is also required. You can join ATHA online. This national group provides information, advice, insurance, etc. for our local organization.
Here are some ways that RARH remains “in the loop” with our mission:
- RARH members enjoy first priority and discounts for classes and retreats.
- In the Spring, we hold an annual 3-day retreat.
- In the Fall, we hold a 3-day workshop (Wednesday through Friday) taught by a nationally known instructor.
- The Fall workshop is followed by a Saturday of Hooking and a special program by the teacher for all to attend. This provides the opportunity for more hookers to learn from and shop the teacher’s woolen goods.
Fall 2019 Workshop
- Three-day workshop with a nationally-known teacher
- The number of students is limited by the teacher
- Registration opens for RARH members at the Spring Retreat
(opens for non-members on May 1)
- Some past teachers include: Janice Johnson, Anita White, Cathy Stephan, Sharon Smith, Tricia Travis and Nola Heidbreder
- 2019 teacher will be Vicki Hardcastle from Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Check our her website, Hardcastlefoldart.com. Here are a few of her art pieces that show her fun techniques. Click here for her Rug Hooking Patterns. To order patterns, call 580-235-2279 or email her at email@example.com.
Our Fall Workshops are followed by a fun day for all! Fall Hooking Day on September 21st this year
- Our RARH Fall Workshops are followed by Saturday Hooking Days.
- The 2019 Fall Hooking Day features a felting project taught by Vicki Hardcastle. The Registration Form for this class is on EVENTS tab. Your registration will include a lovely lunch with hooking friends, snacks, a mini-class and hooking day at the lovely Assisi Spirituality Center. This provides the opportunity to learn from a well known teacher and shop the teacher’s woolen goods. Note: Our Workshop teacher is the only one allowed to sell at the 3-day Workshop and the Fall Saturday Hooking Day. We have VENDORS (see Vendor tab) that provide many of your hooking needs.
- Assisi has overnight accommodations in private rooms, that are simple and restful. Some people stay on Friday night to be here early and enjoy a full day of hooking on Saturday.
Check out the EVENTS page for a link for Registration Forms.